Oil Changes & Oil Filter Replacements
What they do: Your vehicle counts on new oil and oil filters to keep it operating efficiently. Oil should be kept full, clean from particles and not burnt. Oil lubes crucial engine parts. Moving components create rubbing, and over time that heat wears the parts down.
Oil or a synthetic lubricating substance can minimize the damage from the rubbing by those moving components. By performing a regular oil change schedule you will effectively increase your engine's efficiency as well as maintain the life of your car's engine.
Why Is It So Important To Change Your Oil?
Over time, dirt can cause corrosion and decrease the life of an engine. Routine oil and filter changes help remove particles and sludge and keep engines at peak condition. Improves gas mileage. Poor engine lubrication can lead to increased fuel consumption, so make sure there is enough clean oil in the engine.
Top 5 Reasons To Change Your Oil
- Maintains engine lubrication. Imagine all the moving parts, pistons, valves, and other engine parts moving at high rates of speed under the hood of a car. These components create heat and will wear down the engine dramatically without proper oil lubrication. Make sure to refer to the owner’s manual to see what specific weight and grade of oil the vehicle requires and ensure it is kept at the recommended fill volume.
- Cools engine components. Moving parts that lack proper lubrication create friction, which in turn creates heat. Maintaining clean and sufficient amounts of oil is the perfect solution to prevent too much friction and over-heating of the engine.
- Removes engine wear particles and sludge. Dirt particles are deadly to engines. Over time, dirt can cause corrosion and decrease the life of an engine. Also as time goes on, oil breaks down and turns to "sludge." The name of the game is to keep the engine clean. Routine oil and filter changes help remove particles and sludge and keep engines at peak condition.
- Improves gas mileage. Poor engine lubrication can lead to increased fuel consumption, so make sure there is enough clean oil in the engine. The U.S. Department of Energy says that with routine changes and the right kind of oil, gas mileage can be improved over time by 1-2%. That doesn't sound like much of an improvement, but for the average car, it leads to savings of an entire gallon of gas for a year!
- Promotes vehicle longevity. Plain and simple, routine maintenance makes your vehicle last longer. Buildup from dirty oil robs a vehicle’s fuel economy and power, and makes internal components work harder. An engine that works too hard will end up having more problems down the road as well as a shorter life span. According to Kelley Blue Book, car valuation increases at resale time if regular maintenance has been upheld.
Auto Motion is located in Chatham-Kent, Ontario and also serves Windsor, London, Tilbury, Sarnia, Kitchener, Leamington, Strathroy, St. Thomas, Tecumseh and surrounding areas.